Job Openings at EarthShift Global
The team at EarthShift Global is comprised of thought leaders with a broad range of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Our relatively small size provides for enhanced project visibility and opportunities for development and growth. If you are excited about making a positive difference in the world we invite you to join us.
Please note: all EarthShift Global employees work virtually.
To apply for a position, email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
The Senior Sustainability Analyst will support EarthShift Global in the areas of life cycle assessment (LCA) consulting and critical review, including the development of life cycle inventories (LCIs), analysis of Sustainable Return on Investment (S-ROI), life cycle sustainability assessment (LCSA), and decision analysis and support. The Analyst will conduct LCA and other sustainability studies for clients and be involved in project management. The Analyst will be expected to support the development of proposals and provide technical support on business development calls and other communications. The Analyst will help our clients understand and communicate their environmental impacts while providing actionable insights to help create change. Projects will include those in Asia, North America, and other parts of the world.
The Analyst will be a key contributor to internal communications, supporting the Asian office in Japanese and ensuring clear communication with the head office in English. The Analyst will assist in improving company procedures. The Analyst is expected to present at conferences and publish in scientific media with the dual purposes of keeping up to date with scientific advances and business development for EarthShift Global. The Analyst will also be expected to keep abreast of and participate in developing various sustainability methodologies, including decision sciences, data sciences, and artificial intelligence. This will include providing EarthShift Global representation in organizations such as ACLCA, SETAC, AIChE, and any other global and regional activities on LCA and sustainability. The successful candidate will be expected and encouraged to participate in other areas of EarthShift Global business (e.g. training and software development). The Analyst will also mentor more junior personnel.
As most of the company’s business is still coming from the Americas, the Analyst must be able to overlap with both US Eastern time zone and Japanese working hours. The times of overlap will be flexible with significant Analyst discretion.
EarthShift Global is a growing company, and the Analyst may be asked to perform various tasks related to the day-to-day operation of the business. The Analyst will be expected to respond to phone calls and e-mails requesting technical support, provide information about our products and services, and, at times, provide administrative support. The Analyst will also be expected to keep in close contact with clients, even when there are no active projects and to develop and maintain their own network of potential clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities related to LCA, systems modeling, data collection and interpretation, and the ability to identify and fix inconsistencies in data and prose.
- Passion for sustainability
- Proficiency in SimaPro, GaBi, or OpenLCA
- Must have authored several panel-reviewed/academic-refered LCAs
- Ph.D. in environmental sciences, engineering, biological sciences, physical sciences, or equivalent experiences
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Work experience in an analysis position, preferably in an industrial setting
- Robust comprehension of LCA and sustainability accounting principles
- Demonstrated experience with LCA software tools and databases
- Sufficient knowledge of statistics and data analysis using software such as R
- Demonstrated capability to uncover essential insights and provide recommendations for current and future studies, prioritizing alignment with client needs
- Disciplined and able to work independently for extended periods
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment (web meetings, conference calls, remote contact with colleagues)
- Strong collaboration skills and an ability to contribute towards positive team dynamics
- Exceptionally high standards for accuracy and quality of work
- Excellent communication and organizational skills in a wide range of cultural settings
- Willingness to travel as necessary for training, client engagements, and conferences
- Construct LCIs by gathering client sources and public/commercial data
- Illustrate system diagrams for products and services using visualization techniques
- Model systems properties utilizing various software tools
- Perform LCA and document LCA reports per ISO14040 and 14044 standards
- Conduct report review meetings for clients, providing LCA results on products and services
- Assist in the development of customer-specific tools for the translation of impact assessment data to commonly understandable units of measure
- Support team members with LCA and other studies
- Conduct critical reviews of LCA reports
- Perform other life cycle type requests using appropriate tools
- Represent EarthShift Global at ACLCA, SETAC, AIChE, or other organizations
- Keep abreast of the most recent advancements in the LCA field
Since our founding in 2000, EarthShift Global has pursued a simple mission: to partner with our clients, helping them make informed choices that shift their organizations towards greater prosperity within a framework of sustainability.
Clients who work with EarthShift Global get direct access to distinguished sustainability experts who have won praise (and repeat business) from clients like HP, Dow Chemical, Green Carbon, and Environment and Climate Change Canada. In addition to developing our widely used software for life cycle assessment and packaging lifecycle evaluation, we have helped establish international standards and practices, and trained many of the world’s leading sustainability consultants.
EarthShift Global’s team helps top-level executives, front-line practitioners, academic researchers, and policymakers worldwide achieve their objectives by providing software, consulting services, and training that de-mystify the path to sustainability.? Our proven approach emphasizes engagement, adaptability and credible, measurable results, and the incorporation of performance-enhancing sustainable thinking into everyday business decisions.
Our LCA and S-ROI software, training programs and consulting services are all designed to help our clients build far-reaching capabilities of their own, leveraging solid data to reach reliable conclusions. We take great satisfaction in helping sustainability professionals get better at developing research, analyses and recommendations that can withstand the most intense scrutiny which is essential for winning the trust and participation of internal and external stakeholders, cultivating sustainability-oriented thinking across an organization, and influencing and optimizing supply chains.
At the same time, the rigorously data-driven EarthShift Global approach ensures that environmental sustainability marketing efforts are supported by credible science. Our clients can build their brands with confidence and compete effectively with rivals with no accusations of “greenwashing,” optimizing the return on their sustainability investments.
Effective implementation is a central value for EarthShift Global, because we want to help organizations establish better relationships with the world and its natural resources. We are resolutely practical, but we are also motivated by our own personal values and aspirations, because in this particular area, self-interest, business interests, and societal interests quickly become indistinguishable.
We offer a supportive work environment as well as career and personal development.