Interpretation — Advanced Life Cycle Assessment Training
Check out the schedule to see there's a date that works for you.
Download our registration form to sign up for a class.
Online Course Objectives
This is an advanced online training course designed
for participants who are actively working on LCAs.
The objective of this class is to provide students with expert guidance on carrying out the interpretation phase of an LCA, including instruction on the conceptual background and need for interpretation, review of ISO guidelines and requirements for interpretation, practical methods and tools for interpretation, and helpful hints and strategies. Delivery of the course material will be facilitated by practical LCA examples which the instructor will use to illustrate key points.
The Interpretation phase of an LCA serves two purposes:
1) To gain insight so you can efficiently guide and refine the selected methodology and inventory model
2) To derive robust conclusions and well-founded recommendations, as appropriate
This course presents the details of how to conduct an ISO-compliant interpretation that meets all the required completeness, sensitivity and consistency checks. You will learn how to use contribution, scenario, uncertainty, and sensitivity analyses to conduct a fully detailed interpretation that will ensure your study results are robust and well founded.
- Concepts and Methods
- Conceptual background for interpretation
- Sources of uncertainty in LCA
- Guidance from ISO standards and key literature
- Description of tools and methods available for interpretation
- Consistency checks
- Completeness checks
- Data quality checks
- Interpretation tools and methods.
- Practical Exercises and Strategies
- Review and discussion of interpretation practice assignment
- Practical interpretation methods in a case study
- Data quality and uncertainty analysis
- Tips and strategies for interpretation
- Impact Assessment Methods, online training
- Familiarity with ISO 14040 and 14044 (2006) Standards
- Completion of an LCA (internal screening level LCA is fine)
Medium: Online Training, 2 Sessions
Duration: 3 Hours, Each Session — plus one hour of one-on-one time (full price attendees only)
Costs: $1,200 per person
Student Discounts: Students receive a 50% discount on all EarthShift Global classes (provided minimum attendance requirements are met).
May 15 - 16, 2019 10:00 am to 1:00 pm EDT (17:00-20:00 UTC) Online — RingCentral
October 16 - 17, 2019 10:00 am to 1:00 pm EDT (17:00-20:00 UTC) Online — RingCentral
All classes are subject to minimum attendance requirements.
The class will meet online at www.ringcentral.com. You will also receive a PDF of the presentation slides, which you can use for note taking during the class. These often prove to be a great help when conducting your future LCA’s.
The best setup for taking the class is to have one computer/monitor to view the slides and one computer/monitor set up with EarthSmart to follow along and gain hands-on experience. You will receive a one-month license to EarthSmart before the class.
Register for an Online Training Course Today, Download our Registration Form:Register Today!
Private Training/Consulting Services
Private Training/Consulting Services are Available — please contact us for a quote (price depending on location and number of attendees) and to set up a time.
Call: +1 (207) 608-6228 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org